Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Paint On!

6" X 6" oil on Raymar panel

This is my submission for the latest Daily Paint works challenge.  Having never taken a workshop with Carol Marine, I am excited to be first on a wait list for her November class in Sedona.  By doing these challenges, I hope to be more prepared should I get in.  In this challenge, each stroke with the brush should be a different color resulting in a fresh, unfussy painting.  It was a fun challenge.  I learned that I needed to load my brush with more paint than I usually do and to consider exactly what I want to put down.  If you only have one go at it, you have to make that one really count.  Click here to see the other entries.



$85

11 comments:

  1. Good one, Dana. Hope you get in Carol's class, I'm sure it would be a great learning experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be fun to go to Carol's workshop, but you don't really NEED to go! And, if you go, please don't come out painting like somebody else -- your painting style is great as it is! (Not to be premature about that!)

    This does look like a good challenge and exercise in direct, simple strokes and not fussing! Your painting is very successful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your strokes show confidence and efficiency.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dana....so well done for this exercise....as a watercolorist....I just couldn't figure out how I could do this one...ah well, next weeks challenge. Love the blues.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the composition. The tube almost has an organic shape, like a fish or dolphim.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really good job on this challenge. I hope you make it into Carol's workshop. It's one of the most fun things I've ever done. I've signed up to go again next year (she sells out a year in advance!). I think I'll get a lot more from it the second time around.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooo, I hope you are able to get into the workshop. How fun!

    Perfect title for this. You managed to show exactly how the tube is turned without a lot of fuss. I'm sure it is even more colorful in person.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Exquisite palette here, Dana. A nice, clean, and fresh piece!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like this so much, it is all of a piece, nothing extra, and terrific color.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this, Dana. Every stroke seems just at home right where you put it. I need to channel some of that decisiveness!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another great entry in the challenge, Dana. I hope you make it into Carol's workshop.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate each and every one of them!