Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Three In One

6"x8" oil on linen board
sold

For a number of years I have painted with brushes that are flat.  I liked the variety of strokes you can get with them and the control.  Yesterday I got some new Isabey bristle brushes.  They are filberts and a lot harder to control which is probably a good thing for my efforts to get looser.  This painting is the second that I have done of this subject, I wanted to compare this with the original.  I'm not sure this is much looser but I did like playing with the new brushes.
What type of brush do you use?


4 comments:

  1. Your colors are really beautiful. Love the richness and the darks.
    Now I use flats, but I used filberts for a long time. And of course, my flats become filberts soon enough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! Like color candy. I use flats...bristle and bristlon by Silver Brush company.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the vibrancy of this piece and feel that it wonderful brush work and loose feel! I used flats for a time but find that
    I am gravitating to the filberts again...not sure which brand.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate each and every one of them!