Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Full Metal


10" x 8" oil on board
sold

This painting was inspired by the gift of a small painting by Simon Addyman I received for Christmas.  It is a 6" x 6" oil that up close feels like abstract color notes but from a distance it very clearly feels like a market scene.
When looking at this set up that a student was working on, the jumble of silverware was very hard to discern one piece from the other.  Although my perspective was admittedly not the best I enjoyed the task/chore of making it read without clearly identifying each piece of silver.



4 comments:

  1. It reads beautifully and I truly love the rich array of grays you've created, both warm and cool. Very, very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really love this piece Dana. Great looking neutrals and metal surfaces. Love the warm reflection on the front of the cup. I have missed a lot of great works coming out of your studio. Do not seem to have time to fit checking out blogs as often. "after the rain" is super. "soup" too! I could go on.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the variety of beautiful cool neutrals here. So painterly too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate each and every one of them!