Monday, August 29, 2016

Color Study Challenge

10" x 8" oil on paper

This was a quick study done in class with my students.

Since I consider myself to be a perennial student of painting, I am always looking for ways to expand and challenge the way I paint and teach.  I recently read a post about doing paintings using only complimentary colors andwhite and black. So today in class I spread out objects with only violets and yellows. I challenged those who were interested to play with only those colors in paint to create a harmonious painting. 

To my delight and with varying degrees of confidence, four of them chose to participate! I love their willingness to challenge themselves regardless of the results. I think we all learned something even if it's that sometimes the teacher's ideas can be hard, even for the teacher!

I love all my students, they are the best!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate each and every one of them!